We will add sales tax when the order is processed (if applicable). Your purchase is not exempt from sales or use tax merely because it is made over the Internet or by other remote means. States require that a consumer's sales or "Use Tax" be paid annually on the appropriate tax forms. Please be aware that we are required to provide several states as well as consumers in those states with an annual statement that will include your name, billing and shipping address, and the total dollar amount of your purchase
2.) I have been charged sales tax, but we are tax exempt.
We will add sales tax, if applicable in your state. However, if you already have an exemption certificate on file with our company, your final invoice will reflect that exemption.
3.) How do I submit my exemption forms if I am a new customer, or if I want to ensure my purchase is made exempt from sales and use tax?
You can submit your forms to email@example.com or fax them to 800-210-4423 to the attention of: Tax Department. Please include your customer number or order number so that we can ensure the exemption is placed on the correct account.
Our credit department can be reached at 800-831-0972, should you have any additional questions regarding exemption.
4.) What forms are accepted to make my account exempt from sales tax?
For Profit Organizations
- Multi State Form (MTC)– Uniform Sales & Use Tax Certificate-Multijurisdictional (Accepted by AL, AR, AZ, CO, GA, IA, ID, KS, KY, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WI)
- Florida Resale Certificate
- Indiana Form ST-105
- Louisiana Form R-1042
- MA Form ST-4
- Mississippi Permit
- New York Form ST-120
- Virginia Form ST-10
- Streamlined Sales Tax Exemption Certificate (Accepted by AR, GA, IA, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NV, OH, OK, RI, SD, TN, UT, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY)
- Direct Pay Permit (if applicable) (only valid for State issued)
Note: If we drop ship product on your behalf to multiple states, we will need the forms that are applicable for each state where product is shipped.
Nonprofit Exempt Organizations/Government Entities/Schools:
- Please provide copy of Federal Exempt Letter, Certificate or other proof of Exempt Status.
Please note that W9s, registrations, or sales tax permits/licenses are NOT valid for this purpose.