Elementary school Spirit Week is an exciting time for your students, staff and community. It’s the perfect time to build school spirit, motivate students and engage parents.
Follow these five Dos and Don’ts to have a sensational Spirit Week and make an impact in the classroom.
1. DO include plenty of spirit week activities during the school day, especially at lunchtime, to increase student engagement. Some fun ideas include karaoke contests and tricycle races.
2. DO choose a dress-up theme for each day to boost student involvement. Ideas: pajama day, superhero day, zombie day and spirit wear day.
3. DO sell custom buttons, novelty items and promote your school store as fundraisers to boost student morale.
4. DON’T forget to have a school assembly on the last day of Spirit Week. It brings your students, and their increased school spirit, together for some fun.
5. DON’T forget to invite your school mascot to all Spirit Week activities and events.
If you follow these simple DOs and DON’Ts, your Spirit Week will be filled with tons of school spirit and pride which result in better focus in the classroom and increased academic performance.
Get everything you need for Spirit Week now. Shop our school spirit items.
Spirit week is a great time to promote your school store. Make sure you are making the most of your store.